Monday, June 29, 2009

Abilene Zoo

While Lisa was in Abilene, we headed over for a few days. We had a really good time. The first night that we were there we went to the zoo. It is a small and quaint zoo. The giraffe exhibit is my favorite out of any zoo I have been to. The bridge goes right over the top, and you can feed those big guys.



Isn't he beautiful?

Look at that tongue. It is huge!

Landon and Brayla feeding on of the giraffes.

The Tuesday before we went the zoo got a White Tiger, and this was his first evening out.
His debut, if you will.

Jordan and Grammie

The zoo backs up to a lake a beautiful park. There is a small boardwalk that you can walk on out over the lake to feed the ducks, and see the turtles. We saw ducks and turtles, however, these fish stole the show. There were so many, I think every fish in the lake was there begging for food. I have never seen anything like it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

that is so neat! I would love to feed giraffes with their long slobbery tongues!

Stacy Fuller volunteers at the Hulen location and she is a foster provider for cats.

I agree. They said she has Blue Heeler but I think it's just a Blue Merle color mixed in. She wasn't a stray so I think she's likely full blood Aussie, but we'll see how big she gets before we know for sure.