Sunday, June 10, 2007

The jury has reached a verdict...

about my grandmother and her care. My uncle told Mike and I this morning that they (they being my dad, uncle and aunts), made a decision yesterday. To be honest it was shocking. Oma is going into a home on Wednesday morning. I knew that this was coming, but I thought that I would have a week or two to adjust to the news, and emotionally prepare myself.

I am tired and ready for a change, but with that change comes mixed emotions. Caring for her has been harder than I ever thought it would be, and it has come to a point where I just can't keep her happy...unless Mike is home. I hope that the Legacy Village can provide something that I am not able to.

I have cried off and on all day, both for my grandmother and out of self-pity. I really want to live in Fort Worth near my family and FAR away from Wisconsin, but that once again means leaving friends. I left Sara in Wisconsin, and now I am leaving everyone here. That part sucks, but I guess it is all part of the grand plan. We have been greatly blessed by moving here. Mike has a better job...making more money, I got to leave the frozen hated tundra...Wisconsin, no more drama with Mike's family and most of all we were able to get pregnant.

Over all it has been a great experience!! Would I do it again? I think I would.

2 comments:

stacy said...

i'm all emotional over here. i guess since things were a little crazy at my house yesterday i didn't think to ask how you were REALLY doing. i know i asked but if it was just you and me i would have talked to you and really been able to listen. life is rough and always changing. on to new adventures. :) we will miss you.

Sarah said...

Change is hard but you handle it pretty darn well. Enjoy your last weeks here with us. We will miss you BUT we will always have blogging. :)